About LPEF’s Support-A-School Crowdfunding Platform
Support-A-School is a district-approved platform that provides educators with an alternative way to raise funds for important classroom projects through a low-cost, locally operated crowdfunding site. Proposed projects go through a quick and simple application process – with appropriate approvals by the School District of La Crosse.
All donations to LPEF are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- Donors will receive an email confirming completion of credit card processing and acknowledgement of their donation.
- A list of donors, mailing address, and email address will be shared with the project applicant, although donation amounts will remain confidential. Donors may request to remain anonymous.
School groups, PTOs, and individual staff member in the School District of La Crosse may apply to create a Support-A-School projects.
- Project must enhance learning opportunities for students.
- The minimum project request is $100.
- Fundraising for each project is limited to a 60-day period, but projects may be repeated.
- Applications must have support of appropriate district personnel (principals, curriculum supervisors, and/or director of Technology Services).
When fundraising is complete funds will be disbursed to the School District of La Crosse for use by the specific school(s) listed in the project description using standard district purchasing procedures.
If fundraising falls short of the goal, money will be used to fulfill as much of the project as feasible. If fundraising exceeds the goal, the project will be expanded or money will go to a similar purpose at the same school.
LPEF adds a 10% surcharge to the project fundraising goal and will retain a similar percentage of all funds raised to offset credit card processing fees and related expenses. This fee enables the continuation of the Support-A-School platform, and is lower in comparison to other common crowdfunding services like DonorsChoose and GoFundMe which suggest a default donation or tip of 15% to help cover their costs.