You can support public education by volunteering to help LPEF with a number of events and activities or through service on our volunteer Board of Directors to set strategy and policy for the organization.
The Board is a group of individuals who share the common belief that education is one of the most important values and qualities we can possibly impart to our children. Directors are elected to three-year terms and may serve two terms.
In addition to serving on the LPEF Board or one of the Board committees, volunteers are routinely needed for the following events and activities:
- Grants Award Luncheon held in January of each year
- Bowtie Classic Golf Outing held Labor Day weekend each year
- Events to celebrate public education and teachers, such as Thank a Teacher Day.
- Writing stories, taking pictures or creating videos for use on our website
- Helping with office work, including occasional mailings and other projects
If you are interested in joining a team of volunteers who share passion for public education, please contact our office at 608-787-0226.