Are you passionate about supporting public schools? Would you like to make a difference by helping teachers and other educators enhance the education of young people through grants and other programs?
Consider joining La Crosse Public Education Foundation as Operations Coordinator.
The part-time Operations Coordinator position reports to the LPEF Executive Director (ED). The Operations Coordinator is responsible for the organization and coordination of LPEF’s operations to help the organization achieve its mission: to enhance learning opportunities for students in the School District of La Crosse and to promote community understanding and support for public education.
The Operations Coordinator will play a significant role in the Foundation’s day-to-day work including office administration, events coordination, and grants administration. The Operations Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director, and interfaces with board members, volunteers, and District staff.
A complete job description is below. To apply, send a resume and a letter explaining your interest, relevant skills, and passion for public schools to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic submissions will be considered. Interviews will be held until the position has been filled.
Bookkeeping and donation processing
- Timely and accurate entry of donations into donor database and preparation of acknowledgement letters for ED signature
- Enter and track payroll contributions from School District Staff campaign
- Preparation of donation reports for ED, Board, and committee review
- In coordination with ED, develop and maintain efficient processes to ensure accurate donation and financial records
- Bank reconciliation for LPEF accounts
- Coordination with school staff to reconcile Random Acts of Kindness accounts
- Receivables – accurately enter and prepare deposits, reconcile online donations and ACH payments
- Payables – support accurate documentation of expenses and timely payments by ED
- Facilitate accurate usage of restricted contributions
- Journal entries for quarterly investment account statements
- Prepare information for annual audit or financial review
- Work closely with ED and board committees to plan Grants Luncheon and other fundraising events, including material preparation, volunteer coordination, and other event logistics
- Assist with Thank-a-Teacher Day and School District Staff Campaign logistics
Gold Star Grant Coordination
- Review, organize, and record incoming grant applications
- Ensure ED and Grants committee members have access to accurate and timely grant summaries and applications
- Coordinate logistics for grant review process
- Work with ED to coordinate grant announcement day
- Serve as contact for grantee questions and follow up
- Review grant application process for continuous improvement after each grant round
- Create and update web & social media content (strategy developed with ED)
- Take minutes at Board of Directors meetings
- Grant research/writing/coordination as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience
- A combination of education and experience commensurate with job requirements
- Experience with bookkeeping (1-2 years) required; nonprofit bookkeeping experience is a plus
- Other non-profit experience such as donation processing, grants coordination, event management, and/or grant writing is helpful
- Experience in public education system is helpful
- Expert level use of Office Suite
- Comfort learning software and new technology platforms
- Ability to problem-solve technology challenges
- Appreciation for process.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Other desirable skills/knowledge:
- InDesign, WordPress and/or social media platforms
- Primarily office/desk work
- The LPEF office is in Hogan Administrative Center
- Must pass a background check like those required of School District of La Crosse employees
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule based on LPEF needs and workflow
- Job performance will be reviewed annually
Schedule: 22 hours/week, flexible during business hours, Monday to Friday