Rapid Response Grants
The La Crosse Public Education Foundation is pleased to introduce a new opportunity for staff and students in the School District of La Crosse, providing an option to apply for grants of $1,000 or less. These Rapid Response Grants will be judged on a monthly basis, and the LPEF Board has provided an initial budget of $12,000 for 2020 that will supplement the $80,000 for Gold Star Grants.
Rapid Response Grants may fund time-sensitive proposals that meet the following criteria:
- Purchase of classroom supplies that offer students new or unique opportunities that are not provided through normal school budgets.
- Provide unique experiences for students, including visiting speakers and field trips not otherwise covered through school budgets.
- Funding is limited to $1,000 or less per grant.
- Eligibility is limited to School District of La Crosse employees or students.
Monthly applications are due by 4 p.m. on the 10th of the month. Applications received by that date will be reviewed and applicants will receive an answer by the 4th Tuesday of the month. Any funding approved will be available by the 15th of the following month.
Single document application form — Link to this Google Doc
NOTE: You will begin by making a copy of the document into your own Google folder.
For Rapid Response Grants, LPEF favors grant projects that:
- Demonstrate educational innovation or promote original, creative ideas.
- Focus on content enrichment and skills development.
- Are timely or where the schedule makes it difficult to apply for a Gold Star Grant.
- Include matching funding from other sources (such as the school or PTO), or can be used to leverage added funding from other private donors or external sources.
Gold Star Grants: Larger requests, and those for other purposes – such as purchase of technology or for providing staff development – should apply for an LPEF Gold Star Grant. Application deadlines are annually at the end of February and end of October, and the application form is more thorough. In addition:
- Requested amounts are not limited, though applicants are encouraged to contact LPEF staff before applying for more than $7,500. The average grant in 2019 was about $1,500.
- Applications are open to District employees and students, but also to nonprofit organizations with a demonstrated link with a school in the District.